Send Us Your Story
Independent workers want to protect their ability to choose flexible, fulfilling work for years to come. With your help, we can protect workers who choose nontraditional work arrangements by sharing stories about how being an independent worker has benefited your life.
To help, submit a video: You simply take a one or two-minute video on your phone or computer while looking straight into the camera. Here are some things you need to include:
- Tell us your first name and the city where you live.
- Describe briefly why you chose to be an independent worker.
Your video should detail the following:
- How having a flexible lifestyle has benefitted you and your family.
- Why losing your flexible lifestyle would harm your family, both financially and emotionally.
- A request to Congress and the Administration to preserve the right to work independently.
Tips for submitting a story:
- Be authentic. There is no need to write a script or dream up the perfect words to say. Just look at the camera and tell your honest story.
- There’s no need to start over or edit your clips. We may edit your video to ensure clarity or an appropriate time length, but we won’t change the content of the story you share.
- Make sure your face is well lit. Don’t film with a bright light or sunny window behind you.